Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Media Mogul in Training

I really wanted to give you all a brief update of my experience thus far at Time Warner Cable in San Diego/LA because I have been graced with SO much so far and I'm only half way through!! It has certainly been an eye opener. I was immediately given tasks! I work with the Talent Acquisition team and I call and interview/pre-screen a variety of talent every day. Twice a week I even go to Palm Springs to produce news packages and animations at the Production Studio. My team is aware of my ultimate Broadcast Journalism goal so they continue to introduce me to any and everyone in the industry. I met the Director of Communications for Time Warner, BET Vice President of Human Resourcing, Vice President of Viacom (over nickelodeon, mtv, vhi) and SOOOO many more people! Ultimately, I am taking in a lot and learning so much. I've also been trying to do a lot of networking here as well. I reached out to one of the alumni members who is a freelance reporter who's worked with CNN and ABC. I had a lunch and learn with her and learned sooo much. While here I've also begun to build my toolkit of success in the Broadcast Journalism Industry! I LOVE my Internship! Many successes to go.

-Francesca Amiker
www.francescaamiker.webs.com

No comments:

Post a Comment